Statistical Quality and Process Control
Disculpe las molestias, la página solicitada no está disponible en español.The most commonly used statistical techniques relevant to the monitoring, improvement and validation of production processes are covered, These include control charts, CUSUM charts and process capability indices. Sampling plans are also briefly examined.
This training session requires statistical knowledge at the level of "Visualization of Lab Data" or equivalent.
What will you learn ?When is a process under statistical control? How to detect quickly departures from a target value? How to measure process capability? In this course, you will learn the most commonly used statistical techniques relevant to the monitoring, improvement and validation of production processes. These include Control charts, CUSUM charts and process capability indices. Sampling plans are briefly covered.
The methods are particularly important in Development and Production (GMP) for:
- The early detection of quality deviations;
- Documentation of process history (e. g. Annual Product Review)
The emphasis is on the practical application of these methods, whereas mathematical formalism is avoided. Exercises constitute an important part of the course. All the methods are explained on the basis of software demonstrations.
Who should attend ?
- Mainly technicians involved in production and quality assurance
- Elementary statistical knowledge is necessary (as provided in "Visualization of Lab Data" ).
Which topics are covered ?
|Statistical Quality Control|
| ||Historical perspective |
- Concepts (Operating Characteristics)
- Example (MIL STD 105D)
| Statistical Process Control (SPC)|
| ||Shewhart control charts:|
- for group means
- for individual values
- Control limits and specifications
Process capability indices Cp and Cpk
| Outlook to further methods (Quality by Design)|
| ||Multivariate process control |
Quality improvement with "http://www.design-of-experiments.ch/design-of-experiments.html">experimental design (Taguchi)
Any questions ?
- Course duration: 1 day
- Participants: max. 12
- Costs: including complete course documentation, coffee and lunch: see registration form
- Dates: see registration form
- Further information: see contact page