STAVEX for experts (NEW!)
|STAVEX is a user friendly PC software system that makes it possible for scientists in research, development and production to apply statistical experimental designs for process or product optimisation in their routine work without the aid of a statistician. This specific course is intended for STAVEX users who already have a good working knowledge of how to use the software tool. Now we discuss how to deal with complex situations. We cover special real-world applications which are not part of our standard trainings. The concept of the course explicitly allows to include participants' topics on request. |
What are you going to learn ?
|As you regularly use the expert system STAVEX for the easy design and analysis of experiments, or as you have participated at the parts A and B of our STAVEX trainings, you already know the versatile features of our expert system STAVEX. Nevertheless, you sometimes encounter difficult real-world situations, where you do not exactly know how to proceed: How to combine STAVEX functions ideally; or how to interpret the results best. This you are going to learn in this experts' training session, using many applied examples from practice. |
Who should attend ?
- Scientists (chemists, physics, engineers, etc.) in Research, Development and Production who use the expert system STAVEX for the easy design and analysis of experiments regularly, or who have participated at parts A and B of the STAVEX trainings
- No previous statistical or mathematical knowledge necessary
- Part A and B or relevant experience in using STAVEX are required.
Which topics are covered ?
- Short recap of the basics
- Practice: where could you encounter difficulties?
- Determination of the Design Space in case of several response variables
- Screening: can this goal be reached if important interactions are assumed?
- Efficient augmentation of the factor range
- Limitations of the interpretation of analysis results in the case of less-than-perfect statistical models
- Optimisation of complex formulations in the presence of various practical restrictions
- Discussion of the participants' own applications
Any questions ?
- Course duration: 2 days
- Participants: max. 12 (one PC per participant)
- Costs: including complete course documentation, coffee and lunch: see registration form
- Dates: see registration form
- Further information: see contact page