Visualization of Lab Data with Excel
Disculpe las molestias, la página solicitada no está disponible en español.
The training session gives an elementary introduction to the use of statistical methods. The simplest but generally applicable data representation tools are described. The emphasis is on graphical techniques. Practical examples are included using the Excel macros EasyStat.
No knowledge in statistics or in Excel required.
What would you learn ?You will learn how to recognize and understand relationships existing within your data. The course gives an elementary introduction to the use of statistical methods. The simplest but generally applicable data representation methods are shown, together with their correct application and interpretation. These include Histograms, Boxplots, Quantile plots, Scatter Diagrams and Correlation. Other techniques such as linear regression and control charts are briefly mentioned. Graphical methods are emphasized. Basic statistical terms in common use are explained, e. g. Means, Standard deviation, Normal distribution etc. The different methods are applied using Excel and Excel macros ( EasyStat ).
Who should attend ?
- Lab technicians and supervisors, chemists, engineers
- Everyone working with Excel and wishing to analyze data
- Excel experience is an advantage but not essential
- No previous statistical or mathematical knowledge necessary
Which topics are covered ?
| Techniques for one variable|
| ||Stem and leaf diagram |
Mean, Median, Standard Deviation, Variance, Range
Statistical distributions, Normal distribution
Confidence interval (basic ideas)
Simple control chart
| Techniques for two variables|
| ||Scatterplot |
Linear regression (introduction)
| Recommendations for other applications|
| ||Pareto diagram |
Any questions ?
- Course duration: 2 days
- Participants: 4-12 (one PC per participant)
- Costs: including complete course documentation, coffee and lunch: see registration form
- Dates: see registration form
- Further information: see contact page